Saturday 4 August 2012

Dalston Street Feast

When: Friday 3rd August

Where: Dalston

Why: Team outing with work

As we dodged our way through the car park and edged past a people carrier advertising itself as a ‘LOCOG official sex tours’ vehicle (nope, no idea…), I began to wonder where my colleague had brought us... But as we reached the Street Feast, which appeared before me basically as a concrete rectangle of deliciousness, I breathed in a sigh of both relief and barbecue-smokey goodness.

I love you Sorbitium.
Stalls ranged from Jamaican jerk fare, to burgers, kebab wraps and veggie curries, as well as a stupendous offering from The Rib Man and his “holy fuck” hot sauce. I went for a cheeseburger from the very friendly ladies at the Korean kimchi stall (@kimchicult) which was salty, meaty fabulousness. I followed this with a double scoop of HEAVEN from Sorbitium Ices (@sorbitiumices), sampling the cipriani chocolate (dark, smooth and sort of caramel-y) and watermelon, rose & lime sorbet (light, fragrant and angelic).

Happy bellies.

Brixpig x

No comments:

Post a Comment