Thursday 17 May 2012

Circuits

I have failed already. I was well up for a circuits session, had my trainers ready by the door, was mentally preparing myself during the working day, getting ready to go round and round in circles... Until I mentioned it to two of my (lovely) colleagues, who between them very successfully managed to put me off entirely. One by sharing her experience of the shouty instructor and ending with a key piece of advice, namely: “Just don’t be scared, and it’ll be fine”, and the other by describing to me what circuits actually is. I had an image in my head of doing circuits at school, when it had involved skipping ropes and star jumps and sort of leap-frogging over one of those little school benches. Apparently, grown-up circuits involve push-ups and sit-ups and crunches and vigorous jumping. This did not sound like my cup of tea in any way. I only like funny activities when sport is involved – e.g. for those of you who are Apprentice viewers, I’m disappointed that ‘Groove Train’ isn’t actually a thing: that’s my style.
So I didn’t go, ok? I said I would experiment, I never said I would make myself UNHAPPY. That’s just not how I roll.

To compensate, here is a picture of a different type of circuits...

I think they're from a computer.
Coming up: I attempt cardio-blast (on the advice of the “don’t be scared” colleague... not sure why I am trusting her this time).

Brixpig x

3 comments:

  1. Not sure that class will be that fun.
    I think the clue is in the word "blast".
    Nothing can be good for you if it involves blasting. Unless it's gelato being blasted into your mouth. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so right my dear. I haven't booked the cardio blast yet so if you want to lure me away with gelato instead then feel free....... Ha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete