Sunday 29 July 2012

Let's catch up over a coffee, yeah?

OK I’ve got too much shit to catch you up on so I’m going to BULLET POINT the last few months.

-     Brixpig fitness challenge is CANCELLED because I’m a (financially unstable) shlad and got rid of my gym membership. Quite frankly, I’m not so good at humiliating myself in a sporting environment and it’s unclear to me why I ever thought any kind of challenge would be a good idea.
-    The Queen had a Jubilee. I loved it all and watched far too many documentaries about the royal family and their palaces and horses and family habits (rolling down hills apparently). The Florence in Herne Hill did a special ale (QE Brew, delicious); we went to see the boats and the parade and enjoyed some special crowd action, trying to peer through other people’s periscopes, that kind of thing; Joy in Brixton provided free food for those wise enough to follow them on Twitter, cue mum and I loading up on massive slices of cake and free sarnies; I got to wear my union flag headband that I got ages ago in Brighton Primark. Style. Congrats Queenie.
-     Eurovision occurred. This year, because there was no way we were travelling to Azerbaijan (I’m sure it’s lovely, but just no), we went all out in the mother land, supporting the wonder that is Engelbert Humperdinck. My mother met him once. She remembers him as being very tall and handsome, and, I quote, “he smelled incredible”. So there you go. Reason enough to represent a nation.
-     I saw Matilda again with my mum. BEST MUSICAL EVER.
-     I saw the Duchess of Malfi again. Eve Best is the BEST.
-     My darling schoolfriend got married in Beamish museum and was the most beautiful bride imaginable – she looked like she had been found under a rose bush (that’s a good thing). Her new husband brushed up rather well too, and a delicious day was had by all – literally delicious in many ways, as it was a partly Italian wedding which involved cheese and sausage, prosecco and fab red wine, and also a pie and pea supper provided by Beamish. WONDERS.
-     I went on holiday to Grand Brassac in the south of France with nine lovely friends, where we frolicked and bantered and splashed and sunned and giggled and canoed and cheesed and danced. And I broke my little toe in a canoe but because I was part of team Redgrave/Pincent, I soldiered on and had the best holiday ever.
-     I volunteered at the Olympic Torch Relay finale at Hyde Park, putting wristbands on guestlisters: I endured countless youths insisting that they were “on Dizzee’s list”, told Pixie Lott we had no VIP passes for her, bumped into Dizzee and Mark Ronson backstage, lost my favourite pink cardigan and after 10 hours of stooping in a box office downed two free beers and nearly wet myself on the tube home.

Upcoming:
Mack and Mabel at the Southwark Playhouse
Brixton Splash! (hopefully with a riot-free evening this year…)
Birthday at the Royal Court, starring Stephen Mangan

I’ve also recently booked some exciting stuff for later on this year:
September – Darren Hayes, Hedda Gabler at the Old Vic (starring Sheridan Smith!)
October – Marina and the Diamonds (again)
November – Gotye, Robyn

And what I WILL be booking asap – VIVA FOREVER! The Spice Girls musical. Opens in December. This is what my life has been leading up to, no joke.

I’ve also become slightly too into this Gary Barlow video. Gary BARlow.

Brixpig x



No comments:

Post a Comment