Sunday 8 July 2012

Miike Snow

When: Thursday 31st May

Where: Brixton Academy

Why: I’ll go to anything, me

I don’t even know how I got into Miike Snow. I listened to (parts of) their first album a lot, and love Animal and Silvia. I persuaded my flatmate to come see them live with me, and she added their latest single Paddling Out to our Spotify party playlist, so I knew she was cool with it. I’ve seen their name associated with lots of other musicians I like, as they do a good remix do Miike Snow – such as Depeche Mode, Passion Pit, I Blame Coco, Vampire Weekend… So they obviously have good taste, which makes me feel like I do too. Because I do.

Having had no idea what to expect, they were really impressive live – the academy was more atmospheric and expectant than I’ve ever experienced it before (the lighting added to this a lot) and their understated and coolly passionate performance was spot on. They’re a class act.


Found a fan video off of YouTube from when we saw them. It’s a bit wobbly but I picked it because there’s a genius bit in the middle where the crowd tries to sing falsetto.

Brixpig x


No comments:

Post a Comment