Sunday 22 April 2012

Frisky & Mannish

When: Thursday 12th April

Where: Udderbelly, Southbank

Why: We drunkenly booked tickets for my friend’s birthday. But because we loved them already. And because my friend fancies Mannish.

I’ll go and see anything if it’s performed inside a massive upside down purple cow. Anything, try me. But if it’s Frisky & Mannish then like, double whammy, because their musical magic makes the back of my head ache (from laughter, yeah?). I saw their PopCentre Plus show last year in Finchley as a surprise birthday present and LOVED them. Frisky is my hair idol, she’s got a serious little mermaid business-cut vibe going on.

There was some new material this time, including a STUNNING Made in Chelsea rendition of No No No by Destiny’s Child (“Got me saying no no no no no, got me saying yah yah yah yah yah”), and some Google related puns (“You’ve got to Google for the hero inside yourself” etc). I was also entirely won over by the Dannii Minogue version of Gotye’s Somebody that I used to Know, and think I now prefer it to the original. Seriously, someone should play it to Gotye, he could be onto a winner there. They also performed my number one favourite F&M number, aka Rihanna’s Rudeboy performed in the style of the BeeGees. Nothing not to love about this combination.

The Udderbelly pasture is also like drinking in a leprechaun’s back garden, with loads of special flavours of Magners on tap (pear and ginger, yes please) and dotted with toadstools and multi-coloured lanterns. I’ll be back there on many a summer evening, I’m sure.    

Brixpig x

No comments:

Post a Comment