Friday 9 March 2012

Beginning

Yo yo. Welcome to Brixpig!

The basic plan for this blog is for me to do loads of fun stuff and then write about it. This is partly to make you all jealous, and partly so I can actually remember what I’ve been up to (I have a shoddy memory - I think it might be time to start placing items on trays and trying to work out what’s been taken away… like they do at Age Concern checkups).

I’m a 25 year old girl who moved to Brixton about seven months ago and instantly loved it. I am originally from Leicester but moved to Newcastle when I was 11, and then went to university in Durham for four years. Last year I decided to move to where all the action appears to be (that’s London, in case you weren’t sure) and now here I am.

I love Brixton for its villagey feel, its friendliness and charm, its proper randomness and sometimes alarmingness, and because it’s so different to anywhere I’ve ever lived before. I tell you what, if I ever have an urgent need for a plantain or a leopard print carry-on size suitcase, I am sorted. Here is the place to be. Brixton’s pubs are the bomb, its little eateries and cafes (particularly in Brixton Village) are stupendous, and living a couple of minutes away from Brixton Academy (and consequently Nando’s) is a total dream. I’m a seriously happy pig.

So prepare for a few reviews of Brixtony places, general musings on what I get up to, reviews of events, books, choons, gigs, theatre, films, and generally anything else I form an opinion about. It’s very likely that a lot of this will be positive rumblings and gleeful appreciation of what’s going on around me, but like, what’s wrong with that?

Let’s go!

BrixPig x

No comments:

Post a Comment