Thursday 15 March 2012

Florence + the Machine

When: Thursday 8th March

Where: Alexandra Palace

Go with the Flo.
Why: Because Florence is my homegirl

Alexandra Palace is up a massive hill. Not many bands could induce me to drag myself up that incline of a Thursday night, when I could be sat in my kitchen wearing my bunny slippers, but for Florence I’ll do anything. I’d seen her at the Isle of Wight festival in June 2010 where she secured a permanent place in my heart and established herself securely as a figure of musical worship. She (and her brilliant band) are one of those acts who you would go to see again and again and seriously never get sick of it. Loved the gospel choir and the strings section, the latter of which gave the most beautiful intro to ‘You’ve got the love’ ever. I also very much approved of her stage outfit – I’ve been saying for years that we should bring back full on long capes. Nice one Flo.

Support from The Horrors, who I have heard good things about but whom we entirely missed out of sheer excitement and having a small explore of Al Pal and its bar facilities. Sorry guys.

There really isn’t much more to say because she speaks for herself really. Go and buy ‘Ceremonials’ now if for some ridiculous reason you’ve not heard it yet.  

Brixpig x

No comments:

Post a Comment