Friday 23 March 2012

Cats and Criminals

Time for another ‘weird album of the week’!

Cats and Criminals – Black Dress (EP)

OK so basically I’m going to go against what I said last week, because I did stumble across this band while they were busking on the Southbank last August. But shut up. They’re called Cats and Criminals and I mainly like them because their music involves brass instruments. Sax + trumpet is an unstoppable combination. They were full of bounce and personality when we spotted them playing by the river, and there were about five tiny children dancing in front of them, which is always a winner for the crowds. I found a video on YouTube of the day we actually saw them, which is oddly pleasing and which you can view below. They’re a bit creative, a bit sparky and wear nice jumpers, which I think are three very good reasons for giving them a listen. They have two EPs which are on Spotify and you can find their stuff on iTunes too if you have a mind. 

Brixpig x


No comments:

Post a Comment